Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chaos

I have decided that if people would just live the way Jesus Christ taught when he was here that the world would be a much better place and all this turmoil would cease to exist. I have been thinking about the word forgiveness lately. I have been struggling with something that has caused conflict in my husband's family. It is this. How do you treat a person that has not, will not, and has no intention of repenting of wrong doing. This person does not think that they did anything wrong and so that is why there is no repentance, but the person is mean, hateful, and vengeful. How do you treat a person that you want to forgive and can forgive for what they have done to someone in your family, and not offend your family member who is dealing with all the hurt and hate? That is my dilemma. I am polite and courteous and yet somehow I am doing the wrong thing. The Savior said, that only he can choose who to forgive, but we have to forgive everyone. Does that mean you still treat them with contempt? I don't know. If anyone has any answers, please let me know. My heart says "Be Nice, but don't be their buddy." That's what I thought I was doing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, when I have doubts, I fall back on a family favorite. This one I heard many times in the form of advice from mom, dad, and gramma. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."
You know what? It always gave solid footing for the inevitable confrontation, or rather, the conversation. It's worth a try..